So, let’s talk about this month’s DELICIOUSNESS. First of all, excuse the extremely generic descriptions of everything. I might have just sort of started to devour everything that came in this beautifully packed box as soon as it got to the house. My penpal this month is Bridget! (Who doesn’t have a blog, but does have exquisite taste.)
Among the fabulous treats in my box this month:
- Chocolate cookies from Holland (which made me laugh, since west Michigan is all about the Dutch.)
- Cheese/Caramel popcorn from Chicago (which my husband loved! I’m more of a popcorn purist.)
- Key Lime Cookies (Let’s talk about these cookies for a second. Remember the Savannah Smiles from the girlscouts last year? That’s basically what these were, except these were about A BILLION TIMES BETTER. I am already considering buying them on the internet, even though I am anti-cookie buying on the internet.)
- Flavored peanuts (If I was a better person I would say what the flavor was…but honestly they’re in a cabinet at the moment. We had a big dinner party and had to do a major kitchen clean/tidy, so a lot of my shelf stable food is hidden in cabinets at the moment.)
- Fig jam! (Which I am so making into a pizza at some point. I’ve mostly convinced Jeff that fig and prosciutto pizza will be delicious.)
If I’m forgetting something, forgive me Bridget! I was so blown away by the cookies I kind of forgot to write this blog post closer to the date of receipt. (Also, see dinner party. Which happened right after I had the cold of doom. Which happened around the same time I face planted walking across campus. That resulted in me sniffling and bleeding through an important meeting. But hey! I still made it to the meeting on time! Also, I’m totally fine.)
The fine print:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by November 4th as pairings will be emailed on November 5th